Indoor Pool Policies and Guidelines
- At this time, there will only be 8 lanes available for use with a maximum of 8 swimmers in the pool.
- One person per lane
- No family lane sharing
- Waiting areas are set up on the pool deck for up to 7 people
- Some equipment is available for use
- Per the Safer at Home order by Governor Ivey, certain spaces including the locker rooms and shower facilities are currently not authorized to reopen.
Indoor Pool Weather Policy
In the event of severe thunder and/or lightning, the indoor pool will be closed for 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or visible lightning.
For pool closings and current conditions, call the front desk at (205) 444-7703.
- Swimming is allowed only when a lifeguard is on duty.
- All Swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- No food or drink allowed in the pool area. Water and ice only.
- No glass containers allowed in the pool area.
- Proper swim attire is required in the pool at all times (lined swim trunks for males, swim suits for females).
- Infants and toddlers not potty trained must wear a swim diaper while in the pool.
- Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult in the pool area. (Children ages 9 through 11 may take a swim test to be permitted to swim without an adult. However, the responsible adult must remain in the Recreation Center Building at all times).
- Horseplay, such as running, splashing, shoving, dunking or any other activity deemed unsafe by the lifeguard is not permitted.
- Profanity, improper behavior and intoxication are not allowed.
- Diving is allowed ONLY in designated areas.
- Open Swim and Lap Swim is allowed ONLY in designated areas at designated times.
- One person allowed on the Diving Board and ladder at a time.
- Diving board should be mounted at the ladder only.
- Make sure diving area is clear before entering the pool.
- All children must pass a swim test to be allowed in the deep end.
- Children wearing or using flotation devices are not allowed in the deep end.
- Equipment should be properly stored after use.
- Be considerate and share your lap lane (Circle swim).
- Do not remove aqua joggers or any other equipment from the Aquatic Center.