Please note that all of the aforementioned approvals that apply to your business should be complete before applying for a City of Hoover business license. Full information is available here.
- Step 1: Certain professions, and business activities require certification or license by various state and local regulatory agencies. A current copy of the certification/license must be presented.
- Examples include: general contractors, homebuilders (including subcontractors), plumbers, electricians, HVAC technicians, gold buyers, auto dealers, massage therapists. (This list is not all inclusive. If you have any type of State issued certification, please bring a copy.)
- Step 2: Complete and submit a City of Hoover Business License application. The application MUSTinclude:
- FEIN- if applicable.
- Sole Proprietors and Partnerships MUST furnish the principal(s)' Social Security numbers.
- Contact person with phone number.
- Copy of applicant's driver's license (you may be asked to present actual license) and signature.
- Step 3: Review tax and licensing requirements and filing deadlines (online filing available in most cases):